Wicket
  1. Wicket
  2. WICKET-4166

Wicket.Event.add(windows, "domready", ...) is triggered too soon in IE7 with wicket 1.5.x

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: 1.5.1, 1.5.2
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: wicket
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      IE7
      windows XP
      Wicket 1.5.x

      Description

      When using wicektstuff-gmap2-example with IE7, the code Wicket.Event.add(window, "domready", function(event) { new WicketMap2('map1'); is triggered before the page is ready.
      So an error is raised saying that "WicketMap2 is undefined".

      It's working fine with IE8/IE9, FF7, Chrome and Opera.

      1. js0.JPG
        46 kB
        Gabriel Landon
      2. js1.JPG
        240 kB
        Gabriel Landon
      3. js2.JPG
        144 kB
        Gabriel Landon

        Activity

        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open Resolved Resolved
        15h 53m 1 Martin Grigorov 25/Oct/11 18:44
        Hide
        Michal Wegrzyn added a comment -

        thanks Alex, helped.
        I had exactly the same issue with FileUpload's progressbar - org.apache.wicket.extensions.ajax.markup.html.form.upload.UploadProgressBar/progressbar.js:

        bind : function(formid)

        { formElement = Wicket.$(formid); this.originalCallback = formElement.onsubmit; formElement.onsubmit = this.submitCallback.bind(this); }

        ,

        formElement was null.

        Works fine with jQuery 1.7.2.

        Show
        Michal Wegrzyn added a comment - thanks Alex, helped. I had exactly the same issue with FileUpload's progressbar - org.apache.wicket.extensions.ajax.markup.html.form.upload.UploadProgressBar/progressbar.js: bind : function(formid) { formElement = Wicket.$(formid); this.originalCallback = formElement.onsubmit; formElement.onsubmit = this.submitCallback.bind(this); } , formElement was null. Works fine with jQuery 1.7.2.
        Hide
        Alex Grant added a comment -

        In case anybody else runs across this issue:

        I had this issue with Wicket 1.5.5.
        ondomready would fire before the other components were loaded in IE7 & IE8 so document.getElementById('someId') would return null.

        It turned out to be a problem with jQuery - upgrading from 1.7 to 1.7.2 fixed the problem. Just importing jQuery was enough to cause the problem; you didn't need to actually use it.

        Show
        Alex Grant added a comment - In case anybody else runs across this issue: I had this issue with Wicket 1.5.5. ondomready would fire before the other components were loaded in IE7 & IE8 so document.getElementById('someId') would return null. It turned out to be a problem with jQuery - upgrading from 1.7 to 1.7.2 fixed the problem. Just importing jQuery was enough to cause the problem; you didn't need to actually use it.
        Martin Grigorov made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Duplicate [ 3 ]
        Hide
        Gabriel Landon added a comment -

        Martin, I'm really sorry, this is indeed working with wicket 1.5.2.
        I guess it was corrected with WICKET-4111.

        Yesterday, I did update my pom.xml with wicket 1.5.2, but forget to regenerate my war! So I was still testing with wicket 1.5.1...

        Thank you for your help. Can you please close this ticket?

        Show
        Gabriel Landon added a comment - Martin, I'm really sorry, this is indeed working with wicket 1.5.2. I guess it was corrected with WICKET-4111 . Yesterday, I did update my pom.xml with wicket 1.5.2, but forget to regenerate my war! So I was still testing with wicket 1.5.1... Thank you for your help. Can you please close this ticket?
        Hide
        Martin Grigorov added a comment -

        Are you sure that 1.5.2 has the problem ?
        There was such problem in 1.5.1 but it is fixed in 1.5.2.
        Please attach a quickstart if 1.5.2 still has this problem.

        Show
        Martin Grigorov added a comment - Are you sure that 1.5.2 has the problem ? There was such problem in 1.5.1 but it is fixed in 1.5.2. Please attach a quickstart if 1.5.2 still has this problem.
        Gabriel Landon made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Attachment js0.JPG [ 12500593 ]
        Attachment js1.JPG [ 12500594 ]
        Attachment js2.JPG [ 12500595 ]
        Hide
        Gabriel Landon added a comment -

        screenshots

        Show
        Gabriel Landon added a comment - screenshots
        Gabriel Landon created issue -

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Gabriel Landon
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development