Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.4.9
    • Fix Version/s: 1.4.18, 1.5-RC4
    • Component/s: wicket
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Nothing except for plain AjaxLink works.

      // Page class
      @Override
      protected void configureResponse() {
      	super.configureResponse();
      	final Response response = getResponse();
      	response.setContentType("application/xhtml+xml");
      }
      

      Firebug says:

      An invalid or illegal string was specified" code: "12
      [Break on this error] c.innerHTML = msg; 
      

      Oh yes, no innerHTML is allowed in pure XHTML.

      A simple, quick work-around for this would be to use a jQuery and replace all innerHTMLs with something XHTML-friendly so that DOM tree is built. It would look something like that:

      // c.innerHTML = msg;
      $(c).html(msg);
      

        Activity

        Hide
        Martin Grigorov added a comment -

        Fixed in both 1.4.x and 1.5.x.
        It was failing in 1.5.x - I needed to tweak the quickstart a bit to actually set the header.

        Show
        Martin Grigorov added a comment - Fixed in both 1.4.x and 1.5.x. It was failing in 1.5.x - I needed to tweak the quickstart a bit to actually set the header.
        Hide
        Martin Grigorov added a comment -

        Setting "getDebugSettings().setAjaxDebugModeEnabled(false);" is a workaround for the problem for 1.4.x.

        It works fine in 1.5.x without any changes.

        Show
        Martin Grigorov added a comment - Setting "getDebugSettings().setAjaxDebugModeEnabled(false);" is a workaround for the problem for 1.4.x. It works fine in 1.5.x without any changes.
        Hide
        Martin Grigorov added a comment -

        Reopen because the author attached a quickstart.

        Show
        Martin Grigorov added a comment - Reopen because the author attached a quickstart.
        Hide
        Igor Vaynberg added a comment -

        i am having very strange results when i set this content type even on a static html page:
        firefox opens it as xml
        chrome shows the content, even the contents of the <title> page is shown on the page
        ie wants to download the file

        maybe i am not recreating this correctly...please attach a quickstart.

        Show
        Igor Vaynberg added a comment - i am having very strange results when i set this content type even on a static html page: firefox opens it as xml chrome shows the content, even the contents of the <title> page is shown on the page ie wants to download the file maybe i am not recreating this correctly...please attach a quickstart.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Martin Grigorov
            Reporter:
            Damian Nowak
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development