We should highlight changes in the jar dependencies. Even though this occurred Velocity 1.4 -> 1.5, it would still be useful notes for user's upgrading. Suggested text:
This release is a drop-in replacement for earlier versions of
Velocity. No changes to your application should be required other than
changes to the dependent jar files.
When upgrading from Velocity 1.3, these jar file requirements have been changed
- JDOM has been upgraded to 1.0
- Commons Collection has been upgraded to 3.1
- Commons Lang 2.1 has been added
- Ant 1.6 or greater is required for building.
- Java CC 3.2 or greater is now required for compiling parser files.
- HSQLDB 1.7.1 is required for running unit tests.