Circumstances where I encountered this:
- Manage Computers > Edit Computer Profiles
- Enable the "VM Host" column
- Add a filter to this column (I added "1a3")
This works fine and the Computers in table value at the top of the page is correct. I was migrating VMs from the host I had set the filter for at the time. I knew some VMs had been moved to hosts not matching the filter. I clicked "Refresh Computer Data" and the count did not change. The migrated VMs disappeared from the list but the Computers in table count did not change. I then cleared the filter and added it back. The count was then updated.