Right now, the RutaBasics are not cached in the CAS. Therefore, all the internal information in beginMap, endMap and partof needs to be recreated for each call of an Ruta analysis engine. Investigate how this problem can be solved or relaxed.
Some ideas (brainstorming):
- wait until annotations in UIMA are represented by a normal java objects
- try to enforce caching the relevant FSs (RutaBasic)
- store the information in features (the normal CAS way)
- add an extra index (can it be injected in order to avoid the problems with type priorities?)
- use an external resource (the probably most unnatural way)