Seems like there are several config values that are not very smart for the newbie user:
- cache size: storage.config: var/trafficserver 256M
- max object size (though, perhaps this is now unlimited)
- read-while-write settings?
- 4-5 volumes for the volume config?
- CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff INT 4194304 ?
Adam Dace in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/WebProxyCacheSetup suggested several others, but, it looks to me like the settings are very machine specific (eg, specific IP addresses)