Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.2.10-core
UIXCookie seems to be dead code that should be removed.
UIXCookie is supposed to supports the following state:
- The accessibility mode chosen by the user
- The TimeZone of the user
As far as I can tell, the info on the cookie for the tz and accessibility mode are never used.
- Server: UIXCookie.setTimeZone, the only way to assign
the UIXCookie tz, is never called on the server.
- Client: There is a script written to the client in
HeadRenderer, which on the client writes tz info
into the uixcookie. However this value is never used
on either the client or server. It used to be used on
the server in RequestContextImpl.getTimeZone, but that
code has been commented out long ago.
- Conclusion: We're needlessly writing out a cookie script
when the value set on the client is never used.
- Server: UIXCookie.setAccessibilityMode, the only way to
assign the UIXCookie accessibility mode, is never called
- Client: I see no references on the client to the
accessibility mode cookie value.
- Conclusion: I don't see how the mode could be set on
the cookie. Andy Schwartz, who has worked extensively on
accessibility issues, thinks this is old code that is no
longer in use.