Affects Version/s: 2.0-incubating
Fix Version/s: None
Right now, we have three different pom.xml files in the core/sql directory and we build three different jars, one for Apache, CDH and HDP each. However, the SQL code in the client should be the same for each of these distributions. It may depend on some code that's in the HBase-trx jar file, but hopefully this should not require us to have three SQL jars as well.
These build steps are in file core/sql/nskgmake/Makerules.mk.
What I would like to request is the following:
- Remove files core/sql/pom.xml.apache and core/sql/pom.xml.hdp.
- Remove references to Cloudera from core/sql/pom.xml and consolidate this file with the two removed ones.
- Publish a single SQL jar file with name trafodion-sql-x.y.z.jar
- If there are any dependencies to the hbase-trx.*.jar files, use Java reflection to handle them - if possible.
- Do only a single Maven build from core/sql/nskgmake/Makerules.mk
- Publish this single jar file to the Apache Maven repository next time we do a Trafodion release.