Most of the Trafodion Java source files are built through Maven, using projects DCS, REST, HBase-trx and SQL. A few files remain in the core/sql/executor and core/sql/ustat directories that are built through javac commands in the Makefile and helper files. Also, these files don't conform to common naming standards and therefore are a bit harder to debug with tools like Eclipse.
I would like to do the following:
1. Move these remaining Java source files under core/sql/src, where the UDR-related files already are.
2. Include the class files in trafodion-sql-1.2.0.jar, the deliverable of the core/sql Maven project.
3. Change the package name to org.trafodion.sql for all these files.
4. Remove the trafodion-HBaseAccess-1.2.0.jar file (content will be included in trafodion-sql-1.2.0.jar). This jar file used to be built with a Makefile.
5. Make some source code changes to reflect the new package names and to avoid calling private method of class org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcStruct.
6. Remove Makefile rules for compiling Java files.