Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.9
    • Component/s: Html Editor
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows OS

      Description

      The <t:inputHtml> field is initially blank. First I perform a submit on a page with required data, then the error messages are displayed.
      Then I click a <t:commandLink> to perform a lookup and return return to the page with the inputHtml, #000000 text is in the inputHtml field.

        Activity

        Tony created issue -
        Hide
        Paul Rivera added a comment -

        I was able to replicate your problem and do some initial investigation. I think the problem is in the kupueditor.js.
        Checking the javascript function _serializeOutputToString(), the content generated is:

        <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
        <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><title></title></head><body>#000000</body></html>

        the content "<body>#000000</body>" is generated by:
        Sarissa.serialize(transform.getElementsByTagName("body")[0])

        This then gets decoded by the InputHtmlRenderer and saved in your backing bean.

        I'll look more into this

        Show
        Paul Rivera added a comment - I was able to replicate your problem and do some initial investigation. I think the problem is in the kupueditor.js. Checking the javascript function _serializeOutputToString(), the content generated is: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><title></title></head><body>#000000</body></html> the content "<body>#000000</body>" is generated by: Sarissa.serialize(transform.getElementsByTagName("body") [0] ) This then gets decoded by the InputHtmlRenderer and saved in your backing bean. I'll look more into this
        Paul Rivera made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Attachment tomahawk1307.patch [ 12390265 ]
        Hide
        Paul Rivera added a comment -

        After tracing through piles of kupu javascript code, I finally found the root cause and a fix.

        The content #000000 that you are getting is actually the font color of your input.

        In kupucontentfilters.js, it confuses the attribute 'text' with 'textContent'. The attribute 'text' refers to the font-color of your text while 'textContent' is your actual text input.

        I can probably submit this fix to the kupu developers as well.

        This patch has been tested with both firefox and internet explorer and works well with both.

        Show
        Paul Rivera added a comment - After tracing through piles of kupu javascript code, I finally found the root cause and a fix. The content #000000 that you are getting is actually the font color of your input. In kupucontentfilters.js, it confuses the attribute 'text' with 'textContent'. The attribute 'text' refers to the font-color of your text while 'textContent' is your actual text input. I can probably submit this fix to the kupu developers as well. This patch has been tested with both firefox and internet explorer and works well with both.
        Hide
        Paul Rivera added a comment -

        kupu's issue tracker (http://codespeak.net/issues/kupu/) has been closed due to spamming.

        I've already submitted the patch to their dev mailing list (kupu-dev@codespeak.net) last sept 18. No replies so far. Their dev mailing list seems to be inactive.

        Their last release, kupu-1.3.5, was dated 02/03/06. It will probably take longer if we wait for them to fix this.

        Show
        Paul Rivera added a comment - kupu's issue tracker ( http://codespeak.net/issues/kupu/ ) has been closed due to spamming. I've already submitted the patch to their dev mailing list (kupu-dev@codespeak.net) last sept 18. No replies so far. Their dev mailing list seems to be inactive. Their last release, kupu-1.3.5, was dated 02/03/06. It will probably take longer if we wait for them to fix this.
        Mike Kienenberger made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] Patch Available [ 10002 ]
        Hide
        Leonardo Uribe added a comment -

        Thanks to Paul Rivera for provide this patch

        Show
        Leonardo Uribe added a comment - Thanks to Paul Rivera for provide this patch
        Leonardo Uribe made changes -
        Status Patch Available [ 10002 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Assignee Leonardo Uribe [ lu4242 ]
        Fix Version/s 1.1.9-SNAPSHOT [ 12313508 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Leonardo Uribe made changes -
        Fix Version/s 1.1.9 [ 12314035 ]
        Fix Version/s 1.1.9-SNAPSHOT [ 12313508 ]
        Leonardo Uribe made changes -
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]
        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open Patch Available Patch Available
        96d 4h 39m 1 Mike Kienenberger 28/Oct/08 22:40
        Patch Available Patch Available Resolved Resolved
        229d 1h 44m 1 Leonardo Uribe 15/Jun/09 00:24
        Resolved Resolved Closed Closed
        1d 1h 11m 1 Leonardo Uribe 16/Jun/09 01:35

          People

          • Assignee:
            Leonardo Uribe
            Reporter:
            Tony
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development