As a first step, I put most of the parsers under tika-parser-modules. I moved a few under tika-advanced-parser-modules.
tika-parsers currently includes most parsers under tika-parser-modules, but it skips scientific and db because of dependencies.
Two options that come to mind.
1) Add a tika-parsers-extended that includes tika-parsers and the missing parsers. What I don't like about this and the current setup is that "tika-parsers" is outside of tika-parser-modules...
2) Delete "tika-parsers"; create two "module" level modules: "tika-parsers-module" and "tika-parsers-extended-module", move the two big dependency modules to "tika-parsers-extended-module" and then have tika-app and tika-server use tika-parsers-module.