Uploaded image for project: 'Tika'
  1. Tika
  2. TIKA-3156

Missing content from .odt file with hyperlinked image

Attach filesAttach ScreenshotVotersWatch issueWatchersCreate sub-taskLinkCloneUpdate Comment AuthorReplace String in CommentUpdate Comment VisibilityDelete Comments
    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.24.1
    • Fix Version/s: 1.25
    • Component/s: parser
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      The attached file was created in Google Docs with an image inside and saved as an .odt file. After saving, I opened the file with LibreOffice and added a hyperlink to the image.
       
      When I parse the file with Tika, neither LinkContentHandler or ToXMLContentHandler show any trace of the hyperlink.
       
      The link is clickable when I open the document, and inside content.xml as :
      <draw:a xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://example.test/">
       
      I tried enabling all options in OfficeParserConfig and OOXMLParser but the link is still not extracted.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              davemeikle Dave Meikle
              Reporter:
              rkv Robert Kaulbach

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Issue deployment