Uploaded image for project: 'Tika'
  1. Tika
  2. TIKA-2004

Add mime detection for Windows Media Metafile, PRONOM: application/x-puid-fmt-584

    Details

    • Type: Improvement
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Trivial
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0, 1.14
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:

      Activity

      Hide
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment -

      It looks like ".asx" is currently detected as "video/x-ms-asf". However, it looks like .asf and .asx are very different types of files.

      Should we move .asx to, say:

        <mime-type type="application/x-ms-asx">
          <_comment>Windows Media Metafile</_comment>
          <_comment>magic and globs derived from signature in PRONOM</_comment>
          <glob pattern="*.asx"/>
          <magic>
             <match value="<(asx|ASX) (version|Version)" type="regex" offset="0" />
          </magic>
          <sub-class-of type="application/xml"/>
        </mime-type>
      
      Show
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment - It looks like ".asx" is currently detected as "video/x-ms-asf". However, it looks like .asf and .asx are very different types of files. Should we move .asx to, say: <mime-type type="application/x-ms-asx"> <_comment>Windows Media Metafile</_comment> <_comment>magic and globs derived from signature in PRONOM</_comment> <glob pattern="*.asx"/> <magic> <match value="<(asx|ASX) (version|Version)" type="regex" offset="0" /> </magic> <sub-class-of type="application/xml"/> </mime-type>
      Hide
      gagravarr Nick Burch added a comment -

      Wikipedia claims - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Stream_Redirector - that these should have the same mimetype but I think they're wrong...

      Shouldn't we do the detection with a xml namespace / tag thing, rather than a regexp magic?

      Show
      gagravarr Nick Burch added a comment - Wikipedia claims - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Stream_Redirector - that these should have the same mimetype but I think they're wrong... Shouldn't we do the detection with a xml namespace / tag thing, rather than a regexp magic?
      Hide
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment -

      Y. Done. Thank you.

      Show
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment - Y. Done. Thank you.
      Hide
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment -

      Thank you, Nick Burch!

      Show
      tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison added a comment - Thank you, Nick Burch !
      Hide
      hudson Hudson added a comment -

      SUCCESS: Integrated in Tika-trunk #1065 (See https://builds.apache.org/job/Tika-trunk/1065/)
      Add mime definition for Windows Media Metafile (TIKA-2004). (tallison: rev d405172c89f0cc94135d09b30c3c6ea135d6a5b2)

      • tika-parsers/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/mime/TestMimeTypes.java
      • tika-parsers/src/test/resources/test-documents/testWindowsMediaMeta.asx
      • CHANGES.txt
      • tika-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/tika/mime/tika-mimetypes.xml
      • tika-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/TikaDetectionTest.java
      Show
      hudson Hudson added a comment - SUCCESS: Integrated in Tika-trunk #1065 (See https://builds.apache.org/job/Tika-trunk/1065/ ) Add mime definition for Windows Media Metafile ( TIKA-2004 ). (tallison: rev d405172c89f0cc94135d09b30c3c6ea135d6a5b2) tika-parsers/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/mime/TestMimeTypes.java tika-parsers/src/test/resources/test-documents/testWindowsMediaMeta.asx CHANGES.txt tika-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/tika/mime/tika-mimetypes.xml tika-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/TikaDetectionTest.java
      Hide
      hudson Hudson added a comment -

      FAILURE: Integrated in tika-2.x #111 (See https://builds.apache.org/job/tika-2.x/111/)
      TIKA-2004 – add mime definitions for Windows Media Metafile (tallison: rev ffaa4deaa6aa065ecebc258de07d6e61b9b1882c)

      • tika-app/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/mime/TestMimeTypes.java
      • tika-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/tika/mime/tika-mimetypes.xml
      • tika-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/TikaDetectionTest.java
      • CHANGES.txt
      • tika-test-resources/src/test/resources/test-documents/testWindowsMediaMeta.asx
      Show
      hudson Hudson added a comment - FAILURE: Integrated in tika-2.x #111 (See https://builds.apache.org/job/tika-2.x/111/ ) TIKA-2004 – add mime definitions for Windows Media Metafile (tallison: rev ffaa4deaa6aa065ecebc258de07d6e61b9b1882c) tika-app/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/mime/TestMimeTypes.java tika-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/tika/mime/tika-mimetypes.xml tika-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tika/TikaDetectionTest.java CHANGES.txt tika-test-resources/src/test/resources/test-documents/testWindowsMediaMeta.asx

        People

        • Assignee:
          Unassigned
          Reporter:
          tallison@mitre.org Tim Allison
        • Votes:
          0 Vote for this issue
          Watchers:
          3 Start watching this issue

          Dates

          • Created:
            Updated:
            Resolved:

            Development