Affects Version/s: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3
Fix Version/s: None
Today each Language supported by Thrift, have its own unit test, all are using the same Thrift IDL's located at the test directory. But the behavior of these tests seems to be different from language to language... this makes it difficult to do tests and bug fixing across different Languages. e.g.
- C# and Java Test Server have different responses for testException as C++
I propose the following steps:
- identify the language with the reference implementation (well defined return values for all test cases)
- update the ThriftTest.thrift with details about the required return values that have to be implemented
- update test implementations and move language tests into their appropriate library directory (
- a public test server that supports multiple protocols and transports could be another enhancement for testing purposes
I'm ready to help preparing patches, just tell me what you need!
|1.||python Test Server fails when throwing TException||Open||Unassigned|
|2.||TestSuite: detailed result on passed tests by feature||Open||Unassigned|