We already have the option to generate Swift code in the Cocoa compiler, however large parts of the (Objective-C) Cocoa Library still depend on Cocoa and Objective-C.
It would be good to have a native Swift library that doesn't depend on the Cocoa libraries.
- Fully compatible with the code that is currently generated by the Cocoa compiler (both Objective-C and Swift).
- Ability to run on Linux
- Pure Swift, no Objective-C code.
- No dependencies on closed source apple libraries
- Keep the same interface, so that the library is compatible with the code the current cocoa compiler generates
- Better server support that the current Objective-C library.
- Follow the new Swift packaging format to be compatible with the Swift Package manager