Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.0.0
Currently we have following two main places we use a blocking client to invoke services.
1. Callout Mediator
2. Forwarding Message Processor
Both these components use the axis2 service client to invoke services in a blocking manner.
Since the implementation is very simple, provided functionality is very limited.
Currently we have following major limitations.
- Supports only SOAP
- Message format conversion is not supported
- QOS functionality (WS-Security, WS-A) are not supported
- Cannot specify an endpoint as the service endpoint reference
(In message processors we can specify an Address endpoint. But none of the other endpoint functionality is supported)
I have implemented a new blocking client which can be used as a common blocking sender for both above components.
This new implementation will provide the following functionality.
- Support all leaf endpoint types
- Support for REST
- Support Endpoint functionality.
- Endpoint format conversions (soap11,soap12,pox, etc.)
- WS-Security, WS-A
- Endpoint Timeout (nhttp transport specific functionality is not supported)
- message format conversions (ability to use messageType/ContentType properties)