Uploaded image for project: 'Subversion'
  1. Subversion
  2. SVN-2635

svnsync: 'pre-revprop-change' hook failed with error output:

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 1.4.x
    • Fix Version/s: nonblocking
    • Component/s: svnsync
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Windows XP

      Description

      The svnsync has been setup and working. I checked on a test repository of few 
      hundreds revisions (around 300). It was working well. Then I switched to real 
      corporate source repository (22k revisions) and svnsync started to report 
      following message: svnsync: 'pre-revprop-change' hook failed with error output:
      where expected output was not provided. Both dest and source are installed on 
      Windows machines (XP 32bit and Server x64 2003), the svnsync runs from the 
      machine hosting source repository. The pre-revprop-change hook is a Windows pre-
      revprop-change.cmd script containing:
      ----------------
      @echo off
      
      set REPOS=%1
      set REV=%2
      set USER=%3
      set PROPNAME=%4
      set ACTION=%5
      
      echo %REPOS% %REV% %USER% %PROPNAME% %ACTION% >> 
      D:\SLW_BACKUP\subversion_backup_host\src\pre_synclog.txt
      exit 0
      -----------
      
      So, the exit code is always 0 and shall not fail in any way, but it does. 
      Svnsync runs adding from 100 to 500 new revisions into destination and then it 
      fails.
      

      Original issue reported by mescator

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              subversion-importer Subversion Importer
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: