Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 1.3.0
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Operating System: All
I wanted to contribute to the release of 1.3, and one way I thought I could do
that would be to tackle some of the CheckStyle errors found in the current
code (I have something of a fetish for a clean CheckStyle results before a
release of my own stuff, or at least as close as I can get to totally
clean!). I seemed to have some trouble running CheckStyle using the
CheckStyle.xml rules file I pulled out of SVN, and I suspect it was because I
am using a newer version of CheckStyle (3.5).
So, attached here is an updated rules file that works under 3.5.
I have also put in a bunch of commented-out modules that I believe would be a
good idea to be run against the code as well. If there are enough +1's on
them, I'd love to see the new file committed with those modules activated...
I'd be more than happy to attach a version with them all active, but I kinda
figure anyone could handle that!
I hope my intention of dealing with some of the CheckStyle problems is indeed
a good idea. You should see at least a few patches tommorrow from me for at
least some of the more minor issues.