Affects Version/s: 2.3.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Spark Submit
Facing Issue with spark while accessing managed table with partitions across multiple namespaces
Test steps :
1) Create HDFS federated cluster with two namespaces.
2) Create a managed table whose location is in default namespace (CREATE TABLE test_managed_tbl (id int, name string, dept string) PARTITIONED BY (year int))
3) Insert a row into table and check that action is going through fine.
4) Try to alter the table and set the new location which is in Namespace2. (ALTER TABLE test_managed_tbl SET LOCATION 'hdfs://ns2/apps/hive/warehouse/test_managed_tbl')
5) Try to insert new value into the table (INSERT INTO test_managed_tbl PARTITION (year=2017) VALUES (9,'Harris','CSE'))
This action is failing with below error :
Spark-submit command :
Attaching federation_managed_table.py .