hive tests have been failing when they are run locally (Mac Os) after a recent change in the trunk. After running the tests for some time, the test fails with OOM with Error: unable to create new native thread.
I noticed the thread count goes all the way up to 2000+ after which we start getting these OOM errors. Most of the threads seem to be related to the connection pool in hive metastore (BoneCP-xxxxx-xxxx ). This behaviour change is happening after we made the following change to HiveClientImpl.reset()
I am proposing to temporarily back-out part of a fix made to address
SPARK-23000 to resolve this issue while we work-out the exact reason for this sudden increase in thread counts.