Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-9752

Reliable test failure in TestFieldCacheSort (Solr copy)

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      OS X, Sierra

      Description

      I found this to reliably fail on 6x, see the whole dump below. At
      least the 4 times I tried it. I hit this running the full test suite
      for SOLR-9166, but then reproduced it on a fresh 6x checkout.

      It did NOT repro on trunk the one time I tried it there.

      OS X, Sierra

      Here's the test that failed, I didn't try other variants.

      ant test -Dtestcase=TestFieldCacheSort
      -Dtests.method=testFieldScoreReverse -Dtests.seed=8A982858396AE681
      -Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=es-VE -Dtests.timezone=Asia/Baku
      -Dtests.asserts=true -Dtests.file.encoding=UTF-8

      [junit4:pickseed] Seed property 'tests.seed' already defined: 8A982858396AE681
      [junit4] <JUnit4> says ciao! Master seed: 8A982858396AE681
      [junit4] Executing 1 suite with 1 JVM.
      [junit4]
      [junit4] Started J0 PID(19306@Ericks-MacBook-Pro.local).
      [junit4] Suite: org.apache.solr.uninverting.TestFieldCacheSort
      [junit4] 2> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test
      -Dtestcase=TestFieldCacheSort -Dtests.method=testFieldScoreReverse
      -Dtests.seed=8A982858396AE681 -Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=es-VE
      -Dtests.timezone=Asia/Baku -Dtests.asserts=true
      -Dtests.file.encoding=UTF-8

      [junit4] FAILURE 3.18s | TestFieldCacheSort.testFieldScoreReverse <<<
      [junit4] > Throwable #1: java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<0>
      but was:<1>
      [junit4] > at
      __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([8A982858396AE681:F15FD36FC8A76C02]:0)
      [junit4] > at
      org.apache.solr.uninverting.TestFieldCacheSort.testFieldScoreReverse(TestFieldCacheSort.java:445)
      [junit4] > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
      [junit4] 2> NOTE: test params are: codec=Asserting(Lucene62):

      {value=FSTOrd50}

      , docValues:{}, maxPointsInLeafNode=1095,
      maxMBSortInHeap=5.032597879580006,
      sim=RandomSimilarity(queryNorm=false,coord=crazy):

      {value=org.apache.lucene.search.similarities.BooleanSimilarity@5077995e}

      ,
      locale=es-VE, timezone=Asia/Baku
      [junit4] 2> NOTE: Mac OS X 10.12 x86_64/Oracle Corporation
      1.8.0_45 (64-bit)/cpus=8,threads=1,free=243860576,total=257425408
      [junit4] 2> NOTE: All tests run in this JVM: [TestFieldCacheSort]
      [junit4] Completed [1/1 (1!)] in 6.14s, 1 test, 1 failure <<< FAILURES!
      [junit4] Tests with failures [seed: 8A982858396AE681]:
      [junit4] -
      org.apache.solr.uninverting.TestFieldCacheSort.testFieldScoreReverse
      [junit4] JVM J0: 0.57 .. 8.10 = 7.53s
      [junit4] Execution time total: 8.10 sec.
      [junit4] Tests summary: 1 suite, 1 test, 1 failure

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                sarowe Steven Rowe
                Reporter:
                erickerickson Erick Erickson
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: