Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-9497

HttpSolrClient.Builder Returns Unusable Connection

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Not A Problem
    • Affects Version/s: 6.2
    • Fix Version/s: 6.1.1
    • Component/s: clients - java
    • Labels:
    • Environment:

      Java 1.8 Mac OSX

      Description

      SolrClient solr = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(urlString).build();
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type
      Exception Details:
      Location:
      org/apache/solr/client/solrj/impl/HttpClientUtil.createClient(Lorg/apache/solr/common/params/SolrParams;Lorg/apache/http/conn/ClientConnectionManager;)Lorg/apache/http/impl/client/CloseableHttpClient; @58: areturn
      Reason:
      Type 'org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient' (current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to 'org/apache/http/impl/client/CloseableHttpClient' (from method signature)
      Current Frame:
      bci: @58
      flags: { }
      locals:

      { 'org/apache/solr/common/params/SolrParams', 'org/apache/http/conn/ClientConnectionManager', 'org/apache/solr/common/params/ModifiableSolrParams', 'org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient' }

      stack:

      { 'org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient' }

      Bytecode:
      0x0000000: bb00 0359 2ab7 0004 4db2 0005 b900 0601
      0x0000010: 0099 001e b200 05bb 0007 59b7 0008 1209
      0x0000020: b600 0a2c b600 0bb6 000c b900 0d02 002b
      0x0000030: b800 104e 2d2c b800 0f2d b0
      Stackmap Table:
      append_frame(@47,Object143)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.<init>(HttpSolrClient.java:209)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$Builder.build(HttpSolrClient.java:874)

      I have tried upgrading to httpclient-4.5.2. This appears to create the same problem. For now, I use this deprecated, connection code.
      return new HttpSolrClient(urlString, new SystemDefaultHttpClient());
      Eventually, this hangs the Solr server, because you run out of file handles.
      I suspect calling solrClient.close() is doing nothing.
      I tried not closing and using a static connection to Solr.
      This results in basically, the same problem of, eventually hanging the Solr server.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              wmcginnis Will McGinnis
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: