Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-8933

SolrDispatchFilter::consumeInput logs "Stream Closed" IOException

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 4.10.3
    • Fix Version/s: 5.5.2, 5.6, 6.0.2, 6.1, 7.0
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      After SOLR-8453 we started seeing some IOExceptions coming out of SolrDispatchFilter with "Stream Closed" messages.

      It looks like we are indeed closing the request stream in several places when we really need to be letting the web container handle their life cycle. I've got a preliminary patch ready and am working on testing it to make sure there are no regressions.

      A very strange piece of this is that I have been entirely unable to reproduce it on a unit test, but have seen it on cluster deployment quite consistently.

        Attachments

        1. SOLR-8933.patch
          23 kB
          Mark Miller
        2. SOLR-8933.patch
          21 kB
          Mike Drob
        3. SOLR-8933.patch
          19 kB
          Mike Drob
        4. SOLR-8933.patch
          19 kB
          Mike Drob
        5. SOLR-8933.patch
          8 kB
          Mike Drob
        6. SOLR-8933.patch
          23 kB
          Mike Drob
        7. SOLR-8933.patch
          23 kB
          Mike Drob
        8. SOLR-8933.patch
          17 kB
          Mike Drob
        9. SOLR-8933.patch
          17 kB
          Mike Drob
        10. SOLR-8933.patch
          11 kB
          Mike Drob
        11. SOLR-8933.patch
          11 kB
          Mike Drob

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller
                Reporter:
                mdrob Mike Drob
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                5 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: