Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 6.0
Among the HTTP/2 benefits over HTTP/1.1 relevant to Solr are:
- multiplexing requests over a single TCP connection ("streams")
- canceling a single request without closing the TCP connection
- removing head-of-line blocking
- header compression
- Jetty 9.3 is at M2, not released.
- Full Solr support for HTTP/2 would require more work than just upgrading Jetty. The server configuration would need to change and a new HTTP client (Jetty's own client, Square's OkHttp, etc.) would need to be selected and wired up. Perhaps this is worthy of a branch?