Solr
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-5791

DistributedQueryElevationComponentTest routinely fails on J9

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Either there is a bug in how the params are handled that only manifests itself in J9, or the test needs fixed to not expect the params in a certain order

      REGRESSION:  org.apache.solr.handler.component.DistributedQueryElevationComponentTest.testDistribSearch
      
      Error Message:
      .responseHeader.params.fl!=version (unordered or missing)
      
      Stack Trace:
      junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: .responseHeader.params.fl!=version (unordered or missing)
              at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([C6763A182C2489BA:4790B4005B7BE986]:0)
              at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:50)
              at
      org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.compareSolrResponses(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:843)
              at org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.compareResponses(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:862)
              at org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:565)
              at org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:545)
              at org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:524)
              at
      org.apache.solr.handler.component.DistributedQueryElevationComponentTest.doTest(DistributedQueryElevationComponentTe
      st.java:81)
              at org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.testDistribSearch(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:870)
      
      

        Activity

        Hide
        Mesbah Alam added a comment -

        Just an FYI, I tried running the test as following:

        ant -Dtestcase=DistributedQueryElevationComponentTest -Dtestmethod=testDistribSearch

        But it did not seem to find the test case:

        The following error occurred while executing this line:
        Not even a single test was executed (a typo in the filter pattern maybe?).

        Show
        Mesbah Alam added a comment - Just an FYI, I tried running the test as following: ant -Dtestcase=DistributedQueryElevationComponentTest -Dtestmethod=testDistribSearch But it did not seem to find the test case: The following error occurred while executing this line: Not even a single test was executed (a typo in the filter pattern maybe?).
        Hide
        Mesbah Alam added a comment -

        Can you please provide the test name and the parameters that are causing this issue so we can reproduce it here in IBM?

        Thanks

        Mesbah Alam
        J9 VM team.

        Show
        Mesbah Alam added a comment - Can you please provide the test name and the parameters that are causing this issue so we can reproduce it here in IBM? Thanks Mesbah Alam J9 VM team.
        Hide
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment -

        Commit 1573020 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/branches/branch_4x'
        [ https://svn.apache.org/r1573020 ]

        SOLR-5793, SOLR-5792, SOLR-5791: switch to using Constants.JAVA_VENDOR in assume (merge r1573019)

        Show
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment - Commit 1573020 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/branches/branch_4x' [ https://svn.apache.org/r1573020 ] SOLR-5793 , SOLR-5792 , SOLR-5791 : switch to using Constants.JAVA_VENDOR in assume (merge r1573019)
        Hide
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment -

        Commit 1573019 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/trunk'
        [ https://svn.apache.org/r1573019 ]

        SOLR-5793, SOLR-5792, SOLR-5791: switch to using Constants.JAVA_VENDOR in assume

        Show
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment - Commit 1573019 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/trunk' [ https://svn.apache.org/r1573019 ] SOLR-5793 , SOLR-5792 , SOLR-5791 : switch to using Constants.JAVA_VENDOR in assume
        Hide
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment -

        Commit 1572709 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/branches/branch_4x'
        [ https://svn.apache.org/r1572709 ]

        SOLR-5793, SOLR-5792, SOLR-5791: disable these three tests on J9 JVM (merge r1572706)

        Show
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment - Commit 1572709 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/branches/branch_4x' [ https://svn.apache.org/r1572709 ] SOLR-5793 , SOLR-5792 , SOLR-5791 : disable these three tests on J9 JVM (merge r1572706)
        Hide
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment -

        Commit 1572706 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/trunk'
        [ https://svn.apache.org/r1572706 ]

        SOLR-5793, SOLR-5792, SOLR-5791: disable these three tests on J9 JVM

        Show
        ASF subversion and git services added a comment - Commit 1572706 from hossman@apache.org in branch 'dev/trunk' [ https://svn.apache.org/r1572706 ] SOLR-5793 , SOLR-5792 , SOLR-5791 : disable these three tests on J9 JVM

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Hoss Man
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:

              Development