Type: New Feature
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Creating a placeholder issue to track Spell Checking Improvements. Individual issues can later be created and linked for each area of separable concern when they are determined.
Areas to discuss include:
- spell suggestions from within the current query (minus terms being corrected) and filter so that suggestions are always valid
- need approaches to merging the spelling list with the current mask of valid records. Also, is this a better change to Lucene first, or something that belongs in Solr?
- need to add spell checking as query component and make available to various query handlers
- spell checking to be field specific to support responding correctly with dismax queries
- spell suggestions from a distributed search (
SOLR-303) by augmenting the response, or alternatively just provide a federating of Spell Checker requests on their own and let the application decide when to use each.
- spell suggestions as a search component to augment other queries
What are other typical areas of concern, or suggestions for improvements for spell checking that can be tracked?
I am willing to look at driving a patch for this area, especially for spell checking working within the current result set, and across distributed search.