Committed current version.
Left to do off the top of my head:
- deprecate methods dealing with params in PluginUtils
- change use of deprecated methods (including dismax handler)
- dismax handler: were to get defaults from solrconfig.xml... the base level, or "defaults". If the latter, provide some backward compat for existing configs?
- allow specification of markup
- allow fragsize per-field
- keep in mind recent highlighter work going on in Lucene... we should try and specify what instead of how (not use exact class names, etc)
- start using "hl" namespace for highlighter params... this is just a convention to help clarify the semantics of a parameter at a glance.
- for consistency, should "highlight" => "hl", "highlightFields" => "hl.fields" or "hl.fl", "maxSnippets" => "hl.snippets"?
Normally backward compatibility is very important for the external interfaces, but things will change while a feature is in development... every commit does not constitute a release. Is highlighting new enough that we can change these parameters? Is anyone using these parameters in production where it would be a burden if we changed these?
Examples of potential highlighter param names:
And per field params:
f.title.hl.fragsize=0 // overrides fragsize only for field 'title'