I don't know how generic this is, whether it's just a
problem with fqs when combined with spatial or whether
it has wider applicability , but here's what I know so far.
Marc Tinnemeyer in a post titled:
"Regarding geodist and multiple location fields"
outlines this. I checked this on 3.4 and trunk and it's
weird in both cases.
HOLD THE PRESSES:
After looking at this a bit more, it looks like a caching
issue, NOT a geodist issue. When I bounce Solr
between changing the sfield from "home" to "work",
it seems to work as expected.
Hmmmm, very strange. If I comment out BOTH
the filterCache and queryResultCache then it works
fine. Switching from "home" to "work" in the query
finds/fails to find the document.
But commenting out only one of those caches
doesn't fix the problem.
on trunk I used this query; just flipping "home" to "work" and back:
The info below is what I used to test.
From Marc's posts:
<field name="home" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="work" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="elsewhere" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
At first I thought so too. Here is a simple document.
and here is the result that shouldn't be:
<result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
It's going to be a bug in an equals() implementation somewhere in the query.
The top level equals will be SpatialDistanceQuery.equals() (from
On trunk, I already see a bug introduced when the new lucene field
cache stuff was done.
DoubleValueSource now just inherits it's equals method from
NumericFieldCacheSource... and that equals() method only tests if the
CachedArrayCreator.getClass() is the same! That's definitely wrong.
I don't know why 3x would also have this behavior (unless there's more
than one bug!)
Anyway, first step is to modify the spatial tests to catch the bug...
from there it should be pretty easy to debug.