Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
I experimentally implemented RemoteSearchable of Lucene for Solr.
I referred to "FederatedSearch" and used RMI.
Two or more Searchers can be referred to with SolrIndexSearcher.
These query-only indexes can be specified in solrconfig.xml,
enumerating the list under a <searchIndex> tag.
The index in the dataDir is also used as the default index of solr
to update and query.
When data of a document in a index specified under the <searchIndex> is
that document data in the index will be deleted and data of the updated document will be stored
in the index in the dataDir.
SolrRemoteSearchable (the searcher for remote access) is started from SolrCore
by specifying "< remoteSearcher>true</remoteSearcher >" in solrconfig.xml.(It is registered in RMI. )
("-Djava.security.policy" should be set when you start VM. )
Not all of the operational cases are tested
because Solr has so many features.
Moreover, TestUnit has not been made
because I made this through a trial and error process.
Some changes are required in Lucene to execute this.
I need your comments on this although it might be hard without TestUnit.
I especially worry about the followings:
- Am I on the right truck about this issue?
- Is the extent of modifying Lucene tolerable?
- Are there any ideas to implement this feature without modifying Lucene?
- Does this idea contribute for improving Solr?
- This implementation may partially overlap with "Multiple Solr Cores".
What should be done?
- Are there any other considerations about this issue, which I have overlooked?