Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-2127

When using the defaultCoreName attribute, after performing a swap, solr.xml no longer contains the defaultCoreName attribute, and the core which was dafult is now renamed to ""

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.4.2, 1.5
    • Fix Version/s: 3.1, 4.0-ALPHA
    • Component/s: multicore
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Tried using the defaultCoreName attribute on a 2 core setup. After performing a swap, my solr.xml no longer contains the defaultCoreName attribute, and the core which was dafult is now renamed to "", so after restart of the process can't access it by it's former name and can't perform other operations on it such as rename, reload or swap...

      1. SOLR-2127.patch
        3 kB
        Ephraim Ofir
      2. SOLR-2127.patch
        4 kB
        Mark Miller

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment -

          Probably more to come here - but this patch adds writing out the defaultCoreName to the persist method, and adds a test for this.

          Show
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment - Probably more to come here - but this patch adds writing out the defaultCoreName to the persist method, and adds a test for this.
          Hide
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment -

          I'm still looking to see if there are more problems here, but I have committed the issue covered in the current patch - that is/was a clear and simple to address bug. I just want to make sure there is not another part to this before resolving.

          Show
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment - I'm still looking to see if there are more problems here, but I have committed the issue covered in the current patch - that is/was a clear and simple to address bug. I just want to make sure there is not another part to this before resolving.
          Hide
          ephraimofir Ephraim Ofir added a comment -

          Fixed indentation of solr.xml when serializing and added to CHANGES.txt

          Show
          ephraimofir Ephraim Ofir added a comment - Fixed indentation of solr.xml when serializing and added to CHANGES.txt
          Hide
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment -

          Thanks Ephraim! Nice attention to detail.

          This is committed:

          3.x: r1062499

          4.x: r1062319

          Could also use a test - but I plan on working on the tests for this serialization anyway - this area needs a test rewrite/improvement run anyway. I'm going going to start doing something very soon.

          Show
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment - Thanks Ephraim! Nice attention to detail. This is committed: 3.x: r1062499 4.x: r1062319 Could also use a test - but I plan on working on the tests for this serialization anyway - this area needs a test rewrite/improvement run anyway. I'm going going to start doing something very soon.
          Hide
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment -

          Ah - I had added a little test. Needed to merge the commit from a few months ago back to 3.x as well.

          done in r1062566.

          Show
          markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller added a comment - Ah - I had added a little test. Needed to merge the commit from a few months ago back to 3.x as well. done in r1062566.
          Hide
          gsingers Grant Ingersoll added a comment -

          Bulk close for 3.1.0 release

          Show
          gsingers Grant Ingersoll added a comment - Bulk close for 3.1.0 release

            People

            • Assignee:
              markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller
              Reporter:
              ephraimofir Ephraim Ofir
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development