Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-14553

I get a stack trace when running Solrj when calling the query method of HttpSolrClient

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 7.3.1
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: clients - java

      Description

      I started a thread last week about running solrj using Solr 8.5.1. My program was crashing. I was using it with Nutch 1.16. In the documentation, it was recommended that Nutch 1.17 be used with Solr 8.5.1. Nutch 1.17 is still a developer version and not released, so I have downloaded Solar 7.3.1 to use with Nutch 1.16.

      I have been able to build up a small index in Solr using Nutch and I can see the Solr core containing the index in the solr admin window.

      Next, I tried to query Solr using solrj, using an example I found at:

      https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/using-solrj.html#common-configuration-options

      I wrote my own version of the example and tried running it and I get the following
      stacktrace:

      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:607)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:255
      )
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:244
      )
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:194)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.query(SolrClient.java:942)
      at bfs.solrRead.SolrRead.main(SolrRead.java:40)

       

      This problem occurs on a linux platform, and the output from 'uname -a' is:

      Linux roe 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2 (2017-03-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

      I have logged my steps and can probably reproduce the problem, but it does take some time. Along the way I had some warnings and potential error messages (I too new to Solr to know if the messages were errors or not) so the crash could be due to bad data in the index.

        Attachments

        1. bugSteps.ods
          24 kB
          Jim Anderson
        2. SolrRead.java
          1 kB
          Jim Anderson

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              jjanderson52 Jim Anderson
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: