Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-13617

8.x memory issue

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.1
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: update
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      32-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using OpenJDK 10.0.2.

      Description

      I’m running Solr on 32-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using OpenJDK 10.0.2. Up until now I have had no problem with Solr (started running it since 4.x), however after upgrading from 7.x to 8.x I am getting serious memory issues.

      I have a small repository of 30,000 documents currently using Solr 7.1 for the search function. I attempted an upgrade to 8.1.1 and tried to perform a full reindex however, it manages about 300 documents and then dies from lack of memory (or so it says). I tried 8.1.0 with the same result. I then tried 8.0.0 which did successfully manage a full reindex but then after performing a couple of search queries died from lack of memory. I then tried 7.7.2 which worked fine. I have now gone back to my original 7.1 as I can’t risk 8.x in my production system.

      I increased Xmx to 1024m (previously 512m) but that made no difference, it may be some other resource than memory, but if it is, it isn’t saying so, and it’s such a small repository it doesn’t seem to make sense to be running out of memory, and 7.x runs fine

        Attachments

        1. hs_console_log.8.1.1
          2 kB
          Scott Yeadon
        2. hs_err_pid17948.log.8.1.1
          88 kB
          Scott Yeadon

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              scottyeadon Scott Yeadon
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: