Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.3
    • Fix Version/s: 3.1, 4.0-ALPHA
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Ubuntu 8.04, Sun Java 6

      Description

      When indexing large (1 megabyte) documents I get a lot of exceptions with stack traces like the below. It happens both in the Solr 1.3 release and in the July 9 1.4 nightly. I believe this to NOT be the same issue as SOLR-42. I found some further discussion on solr-user: http://www.nabble.com/IOException:-Mark-invalid-while-analyzing-HTML-td17052153.html

      In that discussion, Grant asked the original poster to open a Jira issue, but I didn't see one so I'm opening one; please feel free to merge or close if it's redundant.

      My stack trace follows.

      Jul 15, 2009 8:36:42 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
      INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={} status=500 QTime=3
      Jul 15, 2009 8:36:42 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
      SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Mark invalid
      at java.io.BufferedReader.reset(BufferedReader.java:485)
      at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.restoreState(HTMLStripReader.java:171)
      at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.read(HTMLStripReader.java:728)
      at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.read(HTMLStripReader.java:742)
      at java.io.Reader.read(Reader.java:123)
      at org.apache.lucene.analysis.CharTokenizer.next(CharTokenizer.java:108)
      at org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter.next(StopFilter.java:178)
      at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.next(StandardFilter.java:84)
      at org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next(LowerCaseFilter.java:53)
      at org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilter.next(WordDelimiterFilter.java:347)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:159)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldConsumersPerField.processFields(DocFieldConsumersPerField.java:36)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:234)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:765)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:748)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2512)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2484)
      at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:240)
      at org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:61)
      at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.processUpdate(XMLLoader.java:140)
      at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:69)
      at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
      at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
      at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1292)
      at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
      at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
      at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

      Thanks.

      1. SOLR-1283.patch
        1 kB
        Julien Coloos
      2. SOLR-1283.modules.patch
        1 kB
        Hoss Man

        Activity

        No work has yet been logged on this issue.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Yonik Seeley
            Reporter:
            solrize
          • Votes:
            2 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development