I'd like to know which version of the patch to use against SOLR 1.4.
Edit - I mistakenly compiled against the 3.x branch and not 1.4.
I tried using the latest version but when I compiled the source I got an error:
[javac] Compiling 3 source files to /usr/local/src/lucene-solr_3x/solr/build/solrj
[javac] /usr/local/src/lucene-solr_3x/solr/src/solrj/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQuery.java:70: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : variable TERMS_ROWS
[javac] location: interface org.apache.solr.common.params.TermsParams
Sure enough in 1.4 TermsParams has no "TERMS_ROWS" field.
I also tried the version dated "2009-12-12" but that resulted in an incomplete patch.