I just couldn't patch it to Solr 1.3. JavaBinCodec.java and solrconfig-slave1.xml do not actually exist in apache-solr-1.3.0 release. And when I tried again after removing those code related with the two files from the patch, I got the following response:
patch -p0 <
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/request/BinaryResponseWriter.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 210.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED – saving rejects to file src/java/org/apache/solr/request/BinaryResponseWriter.java.rej
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/BinaryField.java
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/update/DocumentBuilder.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 29.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 216.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 225.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 263.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 286.
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file src/java/org/apache/solr/update/DocumentBuilder.java.rej
patching file src/test/org/apache/solr/schema/TestBinaryField.java
patching file src/test/test-files/solr/conf/schema-binaryfield.xml