Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 7.0
Security Level: Public (Default Security Level. Issues are Public)
Currently, the data_driven_schema_configs is the default configset when collections are created using the bin/solr script and no configset is specified.
However, that may not be the best choice. We need to decide which is the best choice, out of the box, considering many users might create collections without knowing about the concept of a configset going forward.
- Remove data_driven_schema_configs and basic_configs
- Introduce a combined configset, _default based on the above two configsets.
- Build a "toggleable" data driven functionality into _default
- Create a collection (using _default configset)
- Data driven / schemaless functionality is enabled by default; so just start indexing your documents.
- If don't want data driven / schemaless, disable this behaviour:
- Create schema fields using schema API, and index documents
|1.||CREATE collection command to have parameter for turning on/off data driven nature||Open||Unassigned|
|2.||Default configuration should use edismax for searching on all fields||Open||Unassigned|
|3.||Add .xml extension to managed-schema||Open||Unassigned|
|Add warning for disabling data driven nature before production||Resolved|