Uploaded image for project: 'Solr'
  1. Solr
  2. SOLR-10023

Improve single unit test run time with ant.

    Details

    • Type: Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 6.5, 7.0
    • Component/s: Tests
    • Security Level: Public (Default Security Level. Issues are Public)
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      It seems to take 2 minutes and 45 seconds to run a single test with the latest build design and the test itself is only 4 seconds. I've noticed this for a long time, and it seems because ant is running through a billion targets first.

      I haven't checked yet, so maybe it's a Solr specific issue? I'll check with Lucene and move this issue if necessary.

      There is hopefully something we can do to improve this though. At least we should try and get some sharp minds to take first / second look. If I did not use an IDE so much to run tests, this would drive me nuts.

        Attachments

        1. SOLR-10023-add-test-nocompile-target.patch
          4 kB
          Steve Rowe
        2. SOLR-10023-add-test-only-target.patch
          4 kB
          Steve Rowe
        3. SOLR-10023-add-test-only-target.patch
          4 kB
          Steve Rowe
        4. stdout.tar.gz
          720 kB
          Mark Miller

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              steve_rowe Steve Rowe
              Reporter:
              markrmiller@gmail.com Mark Miller
            • Votes:
              1 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              11 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: