SLIDER-151 is adding new datatypes and operations between client and AM. But these won't work on Hadoop 2.6 due to proxy limitations, and will require a full switch of client code when adopted.
We can support Hadoop 2.6 by providing an IPC implementation of the new operations. That implies
- protobuf declaration of new types + marshalling
- extend/replace the slider client IPC interface with the new operations
- provide IPC implementation class of SliderApplicationApi
- AM to implement the new operations (after pulling existing IPC endpoint out of AM and into a helper class bonded to the AM via the StateView class
- add registry location of IPC