Per the discussion on the list, 2.8 has been voted off the island. Long live 2.10.
Fix the warnings in the check task
Remove Scala 2.8 cludge in CachedStore
Does the needful.
Simple patch. No rb.
1. Can you update the docs as well?
docs/learn/tutorials/0.7.0/remote-debugging-samza.md:./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.8.1 clean publishToMavenLocal
README.md:Samza builds with [Scala](http://www.scala-lang.org/) 2.9.2 and [YARN](http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html) 2.2.0, by default. Use the -PscalaVersion switches to change Scala versions. Samza supports building Scala with 2.8.1, 2.9.2, or 2.10.
README.md: ./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.8.1 clean build
RELEASE.md: ./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.8.1 clean publishToMavenLocal
2. Can you open a second JIRA to clean up CachedStore so we don't have to do all the Scala 2.8 back bending in it (or fix it in this JIRA)?
3. I'll trade you a review for SAMZA-158.
Updated patch with doc fix. Will open new jira for cached store.
I noticed two other things:
1. Delete samza-kafka/lib/kafka_2.8.1*
2. hello-samza needs to be updated to use 2.10 instead of 2.8.1 (bin/grid, at least)
You can do (2) after this commit is merged, but (1) I think should be done now.
Jars go bye bye.