Markus Weimer I have posted new changes to this, please review when you get a chance. Couple of things to mention:
1) Restore should now work when restoring from the solution. This should restore both Utilities and Tang projects, which should then fix the build errors.
2) I successfully tested with both an old version of dotnet cli tools (1.3) and the latest 2.0 toolset installed using the installer. The build now works – I believe this is fixed in the dotnet tools as I have not been able to pin this down to a specific change. I did however remove the NetImplicitStandard attribute which targets the .net standard library to use. I noticed that the dotnet cli tools no longer specify this creating a default project – so it looks like its no longer needed. Ideally it would be great to specify a minimum version of the .net standand library (like 2.0), but I have not seen a way to do wild card with this tag as it has to be specific.
Here is more info:
Let me know if you have any problems building.