Affects Version/s: 0.22
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: C++ Clustering
rgmanager has the notion of an ordered domain, where it will try to start services on the highest priority node in the domain.
The problem arises like this:
- start a 2 node cluster with an ordered domain.
- Create a queue and put and put enough messages on so that catchup takes longer than the time to restart node1
- kill node1, rgmanager relocates qpidd-primary service to node2
- immediately restart node1
- rgmanager wants to relocate the service to node1 so it:
- kills the primary on node2 as first step of relocation
- attempts to restart the primary on node1 which fails
because it is still in catchup and there is no primary to catch up
- at this point we get into an infinite loop of failed attempts to
restart the primary.
The workaround is to set the nofailback option on the domain.