The Java test suite contains a number of failover tests that duplicate the new tests introduced by the recent failover work. This task is to remove redundant tests.
The following tests/test cases have been identified:
- QueueBrowserAutoAckTest#testFailover*. These tests were running against Java 0-9-1 profiles and excluded against Java/CPP 0-10. New test cases FailoverBehaviourTest#testTransactedQueueBrowserCloseWhileFailover/testClientAcknowledge test the same code paths.
- AcknowledgeAfterFailoverOnMessageTest/AcknowledgeAfterFailoverTest. These tests were globally excluded (Excludes file). New tests FBT.testClientAcknowledgedSessionCloseAfterFailover/testTransactedSessionCloseAfterFailover/testAcknowledgeAfterFailoverForAsynchronousConsumer cover these scenarios.
- MessageDisappearWithIOExceptionTest. Tests were added after a defect arising from Java Broker use of MINA. Test scenario covered by FBT.testRecoverAfterFailoverInAutoAcknowledgeMode.
- FailoverBeforeConsumingRecoverTest. Test case seemed weak: merely caused a failover then repeated the same tests as its super (RecoverTest). FBT.testRecoverAfterFailover and testRecoverWithConsumedMessagesAfterFailover are superior replacements.
- QuickAcking. Test exercised same code paths as FBT.testMessageProducingAndRollbackAfterFailover.
- CloseAfterConnectionFailureTest duplicates FailoverMethodTest#testNoFailover. The testcase was actually excluded from all profiles.