Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 0.12
Fix Version/s: None
- RHEL release 5.5 (Tikanga) x64
- OpenAIS 0.80.6-16.el5
- Fails on both: qpid-cpp-0.12(apache) and qpid-cpp-0.10(mrg)
Description of the problem
1) start a cluster on two nodes N1 and N2
2) start process p1 with consumer C1 and producer P1 for queue Q. C1 uses JMS Target T1
3) start process p2 with consumer C2 and producer P2 for queue Q and sending one text message / sec to queue Q with target T1. C2 uses JMS Target T2.
4) confirm with tcpdump that N1 is retrieving the traffic
5) shut down node N1 with 'qpidd --quit'
6) wait for 5 sec
7) restart node N1 with 'qpidd'
8) check the qpidd.log with the error catch-up connection closed prematurely
Test code is attached with this bug report, the case is actually simpler than it seems from the previous description and reading the test code should clarify the problem.
QPid log when trying to restart
Steps for running the test repeating the problem
1) Download, extract and compile attachment qpid-cluster-problem.tar.gz
2) Start two QPid nodes on a cluster
3) Start ConsumerTest.class and ProducerTest.class on a third node
4) Restart nodes as described previously
5) Change attribute ProducerTest.TEST_SCENARIO=2 on the source code and test again. The cluster node restarts should work because producer and consumer are now attached to separate queues on both ConsumerTest and ProducerTest.