Using ONLY the C++ Windows broker with the MSSQL storage provider I cannot start the broker if I have messages persisted in the store. I have tested the Java broker on Windows with the BDB store, and the C++ broker on Linux with the BDB store (I think it's BDB...) and neither of them have this problem, so I am assuming it is just a problem with the MSSQL storage provider.
Steps to reproduce:
- get the C++ broker up and running on Windows with the MSSQL storage provider
- run qpid-config add exchange news-service topic --durable
- run qpid-config add queue mytopicq --durable
- run qpid-config bind news-service mytopicq *.news
- Modify the spout script and set durable to True on the Message
- Run spout news-service/usa.news
- Shut down the broker
- Try to start the broker
It fails to start with the following output:
2011-09-15 01:10:42 notice MSSQL: Database located: QpidStore
2011-09-15 01:10:42 critical Unexpected error: Error recovering
messages: Unknown error 0x800A0BB9: Arguments are of the wrong type,
are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.
This should probably be a blocker, but since I have gotten the Java broker up and running with the BDB store I am not terribly concerned about this now...though it is still a big issue