Consider the following scenario:
- start two clustered brokers (B1 and B2) with durable queue Q and durable topic exchange E (the configuration of queues, exchanges and bindings must be persistent)
- create binding between Q and E for all messages
- start a consumer application C, connect it to B2, waiting for messages in queue Q
- start a publisher application P, connect it to B1, start continuous message transfer to exchange E
- stop broker B2
- P is still connected to B1 and is publishing messages
- start broker B2
- reconnect C to B2
The first N messages received by C after the reconnect are missing the delivery property "exchange".
This problem has also been reported as Red Hat service request #1991690.