For long Label text that doesn't contain whitespace but with "wrapText:true" it would be nice to have an alternative place to wrap the text.
- Provide a user-supplied "wrapChars" string containing suggested break characters
- Break on either whitespace or some combination of Character attributes (for instance: DASH_PUNCTUATION or CONNECTOR_PUNCTUATION)
- If there is no whitespace, then break at the exact boundary on whatever character is there (could be conditional on another "wrapAnywhere:true" style)
- Some combination of the above
- Use ellipsis as in PIVOT-623 without "wrapText" set.
Note: there was preliminary discussion of this issue as part of the comments in PIVOT-623. Moved to a new issue to avoid further confusion of the original ellipsis issue there.