Pivot
  1. Pivot
  2. PIVOT-601

missing pivot-web-server artefact on local Maven repository

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0
    • Fix Version/s: 1.5.2, 2.0
    • Component/s: project
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows 7 x64
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b07)
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b17, mixed mode)
      Apache Ant version 1.8.1 compiled on April 30 2010

      Description

      The pivot-web-server artifact overwrite the pivot-web artifact when I install on local Maven repository. This is due a mistake on build.xml at 663 :

      <artifact:install file="lib/$

      {jar.web-server}">
      <artifact:pom file="web/pom.xml"/>
      <attach file="lib/${jar.web-server.sources}" classifier="sources" />
      </artifact:install>

      need to be replace by :

      <artifact:install file="lib/${jar.web-server}

      ">
      <artifact:pom file="web-server/pom.xml"/>
      <attach file="lib/$

      {jar.web-server.sources}

      " classifier="sources" />
      </artifact:install>

        Activity

        Hide
        Greg Brown added a comment -

        I just checked in a fix for Pivot 1.5 (which didn't install the web-server artifact at all) - but it seems like there is another problem with the 2.0 branch. The POM files now contain a $

        {version}

        variable that is replaced at deployment time with the actual version number. So I'm not sure how you are getting the maven-install target to work at all right now!

        We'll probably need to fix this by doing a token replacement on the POM files to a temp file and using the temp file to generate the artifact. Then we'll delete the temp file. Probably best to do this in a macro.

        Show
        Greg Brown added a comment - I just checked in a fix for Pivot 1.5 (which didn't install the web-server artifact at all) - but it seems like there is another problem with the 2.0 branch. The POM files now contain a $ {version} variable that is replaced at deployment time with the actual version number. So I'm not sure how you are getting the maven-install target to work at all right now! We'll probably need to fix this by doing a token replacement on the POM files to a temp file and using the temp file to generate the artifact. Then we'll delete the temp file. Probably best to do this in a macro.
        Hide
        Duto added a comment -

        I replace manually the $

        {version}

        variable for the moment

        Show
        Duto added a comment - I replace manually the $ {version} variable for the moment
        Hide
        Duto added a comment -

        I update your fix at revision: 987721

        the maven-install/pom.xml is not properly install : it is installed on "@VERSION@" directory (the rests are properly install), you need to modify the build.xml with that :

        663: <artifact:pom file="maven-install/pom.xml"/>

        Best regards

        Duto

        Show
        Duto added a comment - I update your fix at revision: 987721 the maven-install/pom.xml is not properly install : it is installed on "@VERSION@" directory (the rests are properly install), you need to modify the build.xml with that : 663: <artifact:pom file="maven-install/pom.xml"/> Best regards Duto
        Hide
        Greg Brown added a comment -

        Patch applied. Thanks!

        Show
        Greg Brown added a comment - Patch applied. Thanks!

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Duto
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development