Proposal to add a new ant patch test target
To automatically run check on the patch when a patch is made available.
1) Check if the patch contains author tag
2) Check if the patch has also contributed any new testcase
3) Check if the patch merges seemlessly without any conflict with the current trunk code.
4) Check if patch has introduced any new java warnings.
5) Exceute the test target to see if everything passes.
Finally update the jira with the jira with the patch check comments.
We can also add - findbugs, rats for release audit at later point to enhance this patch test automation process.