I started doing this as part of another patch, but there are some bigger issues, and I don't have the time to dig in atm.
That said, a lot of the tests as written don't test anything. I used more modern junit patterns, and discovered we had a lot of tests that weren't functioning properly. Making them function properly unveiled that the general buildLp pattern doesn't work properly anymore for many cases where it would throw an error in grunt, but for whatever reason no error is thrown in the tests.
Any test with _1 is a test that previous failed, that now doesn't. Some, however, don't make sense so I think what really needs to be done is figure out which should be failing, which shouldn't, and then fix buildLp accordingly.
I will attach my pass at it, but it is incomplete and needs work.