1) Start the HBase server with 4.15.0 Phoenix
2) Connect with a 4.14 client
3) Create a base table and a view on top of the base table:
4) Drop the base table with the cascade option:
5) Metadata for Z_VIEW1 is still there in SYSTEM.CATALOG and should be removed when trying to recreate the same base table:
6) This should remove the metadata for Z_VIEW1, but it does not. In fact, you can now query Z_VIEW1 as if it was a valid view created on top of the new Z_BASE_TABLE, however there is no parent->child link i.e.:
--> Returns no results.
Effectively, Z_VIEW1 is sort of an "orphan" view with child->parent links but no parent->child links. This is dangerous if a user wants to drop and recreate a base table, but views from the previous lifetime of the base table can still be used to interact with the new base table.